When I looked out the window yesterday afternoon and saw the scene above, I deduced the following:
1. It's stinkin' hot outside (it's stinkin' hot inside, too, because mice ate
the air conditioning wiring for the third time but that's not the point of this story).
2. Hank is so hot, he's got his drooly face on.
3. A shady spot in the barn with nothing to eat is better than a sunny spot in the pasture with something to eat.
4. Mrs. Hughes is pecking at Wynonna's skin, damnit. I was hoping she wouldn't learn that behavior.
5. Wynonna had been rooting in the dirt, looking for a cooler place to nap.
6. She gave up on that idea and planted herself next to the water tub,
knowing if she waited long enough, I would get the hint that she needed to get wet.
I was more than happy to oblige.
You'll have to take my word for it that she turned around so I could get both sides.