Hank is not a happy camper. Though the swelling from the snakebite gradually decreased
as the weekend progressed, other symptoms began to appear Saturday night:
he wasn't interested in his food, he wasn't drinking enough water, and he sure wasn't himself.
Late Sunday afternoon, I told him if he wasn't significantly better by Monday morning,
he would have to go to the vet. Then I looked at the weather forecast for Sunday night
(70% chance of heavy rain) and said nevermind, we're going now while we still can.
His reaction to that news was not surprising.
Anyway, to the vet we went. The vet poked and prodded and ultrasounded and
tubed him. There might be an impaction further into his colon than the vet's arm can reach,
and there's some question about whether a section of intestine is misplaced.
All of that is secondary to the snakebite, but undoubtedly a result thereof.
So Hank is still at the clinic, being pumped full of fluids and stronger anti-inflammatories
than I was able to give him here. I'm not extremely worried because I know he's getting
the best possible care. On the other hand, I'm still worried because...because Hank.